dinsdag 7 april 2015

Arrival day at the workshop on GCED in South Korea

13:30 Paris - Seoul
After travelling for almost 16 hours I arrived in Seoul at 9 am, there were two other youth delegates waiting for me together with someone from the organisation. I didn’t expect that but I was very happy to finally see someone. Even I didn’t knew them, it felt good to have someone waiting for me in the airport. Also Deepika Joon from UNESCO MGIEP (Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development) arrived together with us. So I got the chance to get to know Anish Sapkota from Nepal and Nalini Singh from New Zealand and Deepika Joon from India during the last part of the trip from Seoul to Busan. All of them were very interesting and doing amazing things in their country.

So the ice was broken, the stress went away and I felt ready to meet all the other delegates.
View from my hotel room

Around 2 pm we finally arrived at the Nongshim Hotel in Busan. 
During the rest of the day the other delegates were arriving in Busan. At 7pm we had to be ready to go for the opening dinner. So I got some time to catch up on sleep.

I had an amazing nap and I was totally ready to go to the welcome dinner. We went to a traditional Korean food place where we had to sit on the floor to eat. The food was amazing! Lots of fresh fish, fresh vegetables, very tasty seaweed and of course sushi! We attended the welcome dinner with almost 30 delegates, so there were still delegates arriving later on the evening. During dinner I got to know more delegates. I felt blessed already to be there! Every single person is so interested so motivated and we were all looking forward to the beginning of the workshop tomorrow! 
First experience with chopsticks for some of us ;) 

Lovely fresh food!



 Some funny/ strange things I saw at the airport of Seoul and Busan :) 

Luggage?? 
Very clean people in Korea!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten