dinsdag 7 februari 2012

The first week

If I want to, I can write a book about my first week, but I'll keep it as short as I can :)
So on Monday I had the day off to sleep long and explore Phnom Penh a little bit.
I went by tuktuk (a very nice vehicle over here) to the area around Royal Palace. The road to it was already impressive! I didn't went to Royal Palace because I want to do that some other day when I have more time.
I went back to my guest house by motodop (also a very nice vehicle over here :)

On Tuesday my first week at VVOB Kandal started. Meetings, introductions with the very nice and friendly VVOB team, explore the school, meet the Director, ... and of course, already begun with preparing some lesson plans, making manuals, ...
To see my planning, I will certainly not be bored!
The RTTC (Regional Teacher Trainer Center) of Kandal is a very nice and big school. I think I'll certainly like it here!

Also on Tuesday after work, I pulled my courage together and I went for renting a motorbike. I don't know if I mentioned, but the traffic here in Phnom Penh is really indescribable! But I have to drive more than 10 km to my work so a moterbike is certainly necessary.
Renting the motorbike was no problem! Driving the motorbike .... ;)
My first trip from the motor shop to my guest house took about an hour (normally it's 10 minutes ... ) I just rode along with the rest of the traffic (go with the flow), without watching the way home ... but eventually I get home. So the next few days: practice, practice and practice ! :)

On Thursday I find a room to rent near Russian Market. It's in an apartment together with a Kenyan guy and a Britisch girl (Cloé). I think they are very nice! I already went to Nerd Night together with Cloé and some friends of her.


Saturday was my moving in day. I've installed well and than I went to Russian Market. Waw! Amazing! So many stalls, so close together, so many different products under one roof ... You can really get everything over there!  On Sunday I went visiting the Olympic Stadium and did some shopping at the Sovanna Shopping mall.

So I think I've done quite well for my first week (and I've written as short as I could) !  

Chum riep!









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten