zondag 26 februari 2012

Wonderful weekend

It's already a while ago that I write something on my blog, but here I am!
I started my week not very well, I was sick and spend almost two days in bed and / or on the toilet ...
But the rest off the week went well. I had to present my experiments for my bachelor thesis for the first time and I think the physics teacher, Sokhany and Stefaan were satisfied. For me it was good that I had some feedback, coming week I can do some changes.

Before I knew it was Friday! I've been invited to go to Kampot with some English friends, they are really nice!
We had a taxi at 6:30 pm and after a nice drive we arrived in Kampot around 9:30 pm.
We stayed in Olly's place, in the middle of the nature and next to the river ... So nice and quiet over there!
Befor sleeping we went to Boeddha's villa, a bar/ guest house close to Olly's place. There was some nice music and a cozy atmosphere ...

After a good night in Olly's place, some friends went back to Phnom Penh with the bus. But I decided to stay and rent a motorbike to see some more beautiful places. I went to Kep with the motorbike, it toke me a while because I stopped a lot to take some pictures. It was so beautiful over there! When I arrived in Kep I went to the sealing club and watched the sea and the beautiful view.
On my way to Kep
Than I met some of my English friends in Led Zep, a quiet bar in the mountain after Kep. There you can see the entire bay, it was amazing!   

After we find us a place to stay we went to eat some seafood. I ate for the first time in my life real crab, and it was fantastic!! I'm still thinking about the crab :) I think I never enjoyed my dinner so much!
After some nice wine it was time for my bed in a lovely lodge.
Salt field

Unfortunately it's Sunday already ... so time to go home. First I had a quick side seeing along the seaside and had breakfast on the beach with my feet in the water ... (so nice!)
It was time to go back to Kampot where I had a taxi (with 7 adults and 3 kids) instead of a bus :) everything is possible in Cambodia! Love it!




My motorbike :)










The sailing club

View on the entire bay

Wonderful sunset

Our lodge in Kep

I had a WONDERFUL weekend and I hope to have more of these!!!


1 opmerking:

  1. Griiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeettttt, hoe zot graag zou ik daar nu ook zijn! 't Ziet er allemaal zo zalig uit...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen